Ellis Emeralds of Zora Ellis Jr. High School



Wednesday, March 24, 2010

This WEEK!!!!

The time is quickly approaching.... I CANNOT believe we are wrapping up the 3rd Winter Guard season for the Ellis Emeralds.  I am very excited about the trip coming up and I am even more excited about the dedication, hard work and preparation that I have seen from such a great group of young ladies.  :)

A few last minute details to help us as we get closer to departure.

  • The Itinerary online is correct.  We do have the performance times that are within that block, but overall everything stays pretty much the same.  When you receive the official itinerary on Friday morning you will the exact time that we discussed posted.  Also, instead of going downtown for dinner, we will go for lunch, which will give us more time. In the meantime if you have questions ASK! 
  • We discussed the possibility of going to Wild Horse as a group.  As of right now, enough people have not turned in their information.  If they do by this afternoon then we will go, if not then we will not.  I will let you know when I am positive. 
  • TRAVEL FORMS ARE PAST DUE!!!!!!
  • INTERSTATE:  There is a large delay on I-65 North around the Cullman exit.  It has been advised that we find an alternate route due to the fact the delay has taken up to 2 hours, which we do not have in our schedule.  It is only 20 more minutes according to google maps to go to Gadsden, get on I-59 and go North to Chattanooga then over to Nashville.  The total trip being 4 hours and 23 minutes as opposed to 4 hours. The downfall is that they are doing construction here as well and it is a one lane road... however, the traffic moves at a consistent pace here and will not slow us too much.  
  • Friday Lunch.... We will still stop at Steak 'n shake on the way up.  We will just stop at a different location.  It is actually still about 30 minutes outside of Nashville like before...I will have a map for the location... it is right on the interstate.  (Symrna, TN)
  • I also have your 2nd Green shirt if you ordered one.  If you did not order one and would like to get one.  I have SOME sizes but they are limited so act fast.  
I believe that is all for now.  See you Thursday, for another STELLAR rehearsal.

No comments: